Saturday 8 February 2014

An Incident Of A Dog in the Night Time..

Hello Little World!

I feel we are quite little today, no idea why? I just felt the word little was a good word to put today, and today I am just going with gut instinct.
Also, my gut instinct and with help on procrastinating, I created this on my face.





Just thought, it was something else that could be shared with you all. I am still playing with all the makeup from my Clothes Show.



I have been doing a lot of thinking this week, as well as a lot of reading! I've finished two books this week alone. Ok, one of them was a real quick and easy read, but I still enjoyed it.
Let's get my book review on the road. I was going to do a filmed version of this book review, but I preferred  to do it this way. 
To all my fellow readers, you may have heard the tragic story of the ceiling caving in at the Apollo theatre. I wasn't there. I wished I was? Not really, that sounds far too risky. I only have wanted to be there because of the production that was showing at the time of the ceiling caving in. 
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.
(N.B. is it still running at another theatre? I mean, I know it was a year ago or about a year ago, but I still want to see it. Could you please let me know?)
This is a story about a young male known as Christopher. Christopher has Aspergers Syndrome. He sees everything in a logical way. Christopher undergoes an investigation, over a death of his neighbor's dog. Who was tragically killed by a pitch fork. During Christopher detective work, he uncovers a family secret (to put it in the best way possible in my head tonight) and finds out who killed Wellington, (the neighbours dog, incase you was wondering.)
Christopher reminds me of a computer, his thoughts are so logical and mathematical, that I can barely see his emotions. He lets us knows what he doesn't like, and does like. I mean, I understand his pain towards the colour yellow and towards people touching me. As I read this book, he sounds like a computer generated voice or those voices that talk without emotion. The best voice I can describe is Daria, that American animated teenage sitcom? Remember her? But Christopher voice is more of a 14 year old teenager, with no emotion. Why am I finding it so hard to explain this today?
Christopher finds something he shouldn't have and becomes fearful of his father, this causes him to travel to London to live with his mother, whom he had thought was dead. Christopher doesn't like being around places with too many people there. This was a particular interesting read, as I was able to relate to how Christopher felt and what he physically does, is what I used to want to do. The book shows Christopher becoming courageous and developing a sense of determination in controlling his own future and that is why I have fully enjoyed the book.
I particularly really enjoyed how Christopher likes to refer to himself as Sherlock Holmes. He seemed to be a fan of Sherlock Holmes as am I.When you can relate to the character, you just know you are in for a good read. Christopher then stated the most interesting like and dislike of his, that actually had Christina and I have an interesting conversation. Christopher had expressed his enjoyment in reading Sherlock Holmes with which ones was his favourite books. He also expressed a dislike towards Sherlock Holmes's author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, due to Doyles' interest in the world of the supernatural when his son died of influenza. 
This has brought me to the question, if you had to choose on who you liked the best? Sherlock Holmes or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
The author is Mark Haddon, I feel has shown an understanding of the world behind the eyes of the syndrome. I would also like to point out, that I have no clue of the syndrome and the comment I just made is possibly an extremely biased comment. He has created a book that was funny, with a twist and extremely capturing.
 I haven't read a book like that in a long time, so he gets good Facebook style 'Thumbs up' from me on this book.

So, has anyone read this book? What are views upon this book? Let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment