Monday 6 October 2014

When you hear the Rain...

This weekend, I've heard the rain.
It's been a while since I've heard the rain pounding on my bedroom window at four in the morning. For some reason it didn't cause me to be grouchy or more tired. It soothed me to know end, to just lie and listen to the soft then hard patter of raindrops against my window.
It brings me this feeling, where all I long is to relax on the sofa with a blanket to snuggle into, putting on my bunch of autumn feeling movies.
I fear when I speak of Autumn, it will become the generic sounds, the need to relax and drinking hot chocolate or tea, watching certain Halloween related films. That is what you'll hear from me, but I can promise you I save my hot chocolate for November- January. I spend my rainy days drinking Green Tea, especially after a gym session and a warm shower.


Yesterday, was no exception to my appreciating Autumn month. I woke early to the sounds of the rain, which disappeared and Mother Nature graced us with a sunshine that shone bright all day, but as the axis is tilting towards the Winter Solstice we still had the chill in the air. The morning wake up, concluded a drink of water and preparing myself for the gym. A new thing I have restarted, signing myself up to my old gym and making sure I attend again. Autumn chills, has me encouraged to receive heat through working out.
After the greatest motivational speaking I gave myself throughout my session, "I will become warm, I will become fit, I will become everything I dream." I left to go home, feeling the wind brush itself against my car. I am then in a warm shower, washing away the work out and preparing my day of movies.
This preparation led to a house cleaning session, of dusting and hovering, making sure the kitchen is rid of dirty dishes. The movies, two classics, two great autumn choices. With my Green Tea and my blanket, I settled to watch the films of Practical Magic and Labyrinth. I became absorbed, as the sun sets outside and temperature drops.
It was the interval between the two films, I found myself outside. Slippers on, cardigan wrapped tight around my waist, as I stand in the garden admiring our rose bush as I breathe in the autumn air.


I was home.
Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment