Wednesday 28 August 2013

London baby!

Hello!

From the 23rd August to the 25th August, Christin and I went for a little adventure to London. We two country Somerset lasses exploring the big wide city. A lot of Oooh and Aaah happened. Well no, not really. I've been to London so many times in my life, I pretty much feel like I live there, minus the fact that everytime I go there, I am always in a new place.
We stayed in a beautiful hotel in the West of Ealing called Best Western Maitrise Suites/Apartments hotel. It is absolutely amazing there! It just felt like home, where you can go in with a handy kitchen and just make yourself meals etc. The problem I had with the hotel was the place, because the theatre was quite a distance, but that was easily solved with book reading and phones games during those journeys on the tube.
When we got to London via the great Berrys bus, we actually did arrive at the hotel quite early. So we started, what actually consumed our whole weekend pretty much and that was reading Miranda Hart- Is It Just Me biography. Christina and I pretty much spent most evenings reading the book out loud to each other during our wine filled trek back from the centre. The great thing about the book so far (I am still reading it), is that as you are reading it, you are reading it in Miranda voice. Miranda has made it written in her style of communication. The challenge me and Christina had set up, was to try and read the book in Miranda voice where we are. At the end of this blog, you will see me reading a section in the book, as I read it in the park!

That Friday evening, we went to see this amazing play- The Cripple of Inishmaan! So, I went to watch this play with no idea on what I was I going to watch. Turning a naive eye towards the whole thing and refusing point blankly on finding out what I was about to watch. All I knew was that Daniel Radcliffe was in it, and being the lame ass Harry Potter fan I was, I was abit like... I have to watch this and see what he has done with himself!
With all this in mind, I can honestly say that this was the best decision of my life! The whole thing was amazing. Just a few minutes into the play and you are laughing at the characters, during the whole play you are torn between two emotions of  happiness through the comedy side, but then there was time where you would develop a lump in the throat because your filled with emotions for the characters.
Daniel Radcliffe himself, it is safe to say that he is no longer Harry Potter. You can find him in J.K.Rowling books, he never left you. But the Harry Potter in Daniel Radcliffe is no longer there, you can say the same for Emma Watson and for Tom Felton. I have no idea what happened to Rupert Grint!? Daniel has proven that night on how much he has progressed as an actor. Remember when you first watched him on screen as either David Copperfield or Harry Potter. I remembered being enchanted but also awkward. He has come a long way and he will just keep getting better.
There was a lot of clapping, my hands did hurt! A lot of "Wow" and "That was just amazing" between me and Christina. We then decided to just take the journey back to Ealing, but not without passing through Trafalgar Square, where we saw a giant blue cock? What is up with that London? During the tube ride, we ended up talking to a group of drunken people, who was recommending bars for us to go to during our time in Ealing. I just love talking to strangers about anything, so they literally made my night! We did take their advice and visited at least one bar, where they served COCKTAILS! Yum to the classic Mojito I had!
On Saturday, oh my days wasn't it wet. By the end of it I felt like a bloody duck! I was done! I love rain, like the next person who doesn't like the heat to much, but that was enough! I honestly did had enough! It was that day that we went for a random stroll, it was worth it though, as we found an off street book shop, which I will never find again but I loved being in there and brought a new book! Frank Kafka, I once upon of time was talking to this man who was quite literally in love with the author. I mean, he turned everything to a quote from Kafka. It got on my nerves, but I am about to read what the fuss was about!?
Victoria and Albert museum with the exhibition of The Catwalk of the 1980's. That was amazing, I love to nerd it out to history of fashion. Always have and always will. I will like to point out the exhibition is a must go and see, if you have a love for fashion and for the history of fashion. It still interest me how 'style' has escalated throughout the years.
This pretty much brings us back to, more wine drinking and more Miranda Hart book readings in Miranda's voice!
Sunday, the time has come for us to check out. Fifteen minutes before we do, we smash a bottle of wine. Why? Because we are so rock'n'roll! It literally has nothing to do with me smacking my head on the fridge door, because I dropped something and knocking it out of the fridge itself. Nothing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment