Sunday 30 June 2013

Sunday!

Hello readers!

This Sunday just has to be the best Sunday I have had in awhile. Okay, I had a great Sunday when I was at the Isle Of Wight Festival. But this Sunday just had to be the best in a different way.
Lately I have been busy thinking of things I 'need' to do, instead of things I want to do. Always panicking with what am I going to do with my life?!
I have been trying to 'force' myself to draw pictures and write things. But this 'forcing' has not been very effective on me and had me feeling nostalgic. So the reason why this Sunday was the best Sunday ever, was because today I decided to stop.
I got back from my food shopping, after putting it away I just stood at the back door and thought "I just want to sit in that sun and read my book".
That is literally what I did. I changed into shorts and bikini and spent two hours outside, reading my book.
After that two hours, the book was put down the Ipod was put in, closing my eyes and just switched the head off. Letting the music occupy my mind, I was sent into calm, meditated state of mind. Kind of like entering some form of 'enlightenment' in the turns of Buddhism. Once my eyes was open, I knew I was ready  to tackle the rest of the day.
Just those few hours to just stop, and not have to think, was the best decision I have done today!

I'm not sure if my body will agree with that tomorrow...
Ouch!
Oh, and in case you was wondering. I am currently reading Kurt Cobain by Christopher Sandford.
And I was listening to Bloc Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment