Tuesday 28 May 2013

Life of Pi.

Hey, do you remember I told awhile back that I was reading the Life Of Pi?
Well, I finished it last night! Oh my days what a read. It was encouraging, spiritual, uplifting, depressing and filled with suffering. But most of all it is filled with faith and hope.
I'm not a religious person, but I have always found the subject fascinating. When learning about it throughout secondary school and then in College as part of my Childcare Course, I just found it truly interesting. How there are many gods, how they have been founded in so many different ways, how beliefs grow throughout time and how the story of each religion grow. I also love the comparison they have between them, like I can see the similarities between Muslim and Christianity. And they are the most enemy religion between the two of them. I also found that all religion have the same meaning and the same reasoning within life.
Two religions I find most compelling is Paganism and Buddhism. They are both a spiritual path, through a travel in nature and "becoming one with the soul".
What I really liked about the book is how the author didn't anthropomorphizing the tiger, Richard Parker. In fact he stayed true to the tiger natural habitat and what his survival instinct would be.
It really moved me when there was two stories you could choose from. One story about faith in survival and within god, within hope of living and surviving the suffering you have lost. Then one story that is completely the opposite, without faith or hope but pure evil to live with.
But most of all, what really moved me is how Richard Parker didn't look back for one last glance at Pi, when they finally made it to land. They didn't say goodbye to each other, or well Pi didn't have get the opportunity to say his goodbye to Richard Parker or to his family as a matter. I loved how that could be interpreted as "never looking back in the past, but only to look forward in life in order to survive". To only live with the faith you have within yourself, and never be deluded with you past, to learn from your experience and living life to the fullest of course.
Reading this book, also lead me to watch the film. Avatar effects meet your heart out!
Absolutely beautiful for sure!










Now I am reading The Great Gatsby!
Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment