Sunday 14 July 2013

Weekends!

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all are enjoying this hot weather this weekend. I think people from other countries are pretty much laughing at me because, I have gone past the point of enjoying this weather and complaining it is 'too hot' now. But then again, I am not a 'summer' person. I am that type of person who loves searching for the abandon cold spots on your bed with your feet and to have the heating on low so I can just wrap up warm with all my clothes and blankets.
That is enough about the weather, because I suspect you find them all repetitive after awhile.

This weekend I decided to have a girly time in Bath with a couple of girls, for a shopping time!

We all took the train, for some grand adventure! Hence the post I had about trains, give it a read.
Some of you ladies out there and men, like to know what I wore.
At Bath, I experimented the skater skirt with a wool top.
I though it would work well with the layering effect and not tucked it in. There you go.




I think Bath is probably a great place to visit at least once or twice in your life time. I am constantly going to Bath for a get-away chilling out and admiring the shops. Bath has the best of both worlds in the shopping/retail industry. They have the great high street shops for people with salaries like mine, that high street clothes love, but they also offer the labels such as Ted Baker, East, Coast etc. 
If shopping not your cup of tea, the museums! The Roman Bath, that is always spectacular and always something new to see when you enter. The Bath Cathedral in the centre. That I haven't been inside yet, but I will do so one day. They also have many other museums, I recently visited a fashion museums of clothes through out the ages and of course the style of the year.
None of these type of thing, is for you. I strongly suggest you go, take out your camera and go mad on snapping shots of their beautiful buildings. It is absolutely lovely and stays true to their history.

Another great thing about my trip in Bath is finding the little alleys or private run retail business and their little things they have to offer. Sometimes vintage antiques things, or modern things made to look old. 

I actually didn't buy many things on my trip out to Bath, but I did buy a brilliant book. That I have finished today, it was one of those ' I can't put down books', which hasn't happened in such a long time for me. So I am going to make a big deal with this book and strongly recommend you all to go and give it a read.
Glacier- Alexis. M. Smith
A story about a lady called Isabel, one day in her life. A story about longing, vintage things, clothes and treasures.
One of my favourite quotes in this book will be this.

"Belly, he said, putting the record down on his stack and squatting next to her, it's a treasure if you love it. It doesn't matter how much it costs, or whether anyone else wants it. If you love it, you will treasure it, does that make sense?"

I related to Isabel story so much, because she is longing for her story to begin, so much as I am longing for my story to tell.

Healing weekend, also happened this weekend and I went to day with the good old friend Christina. We didn't do a lot but look through the stalls and admired the tradition with have been doing the past two years.
 Healing weekend, is a charity based event that runs every year at this animal rescue centre. It based around Pagan beliefs and other healing in natural remedies and faith. It is definitely a fun day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment