Friday 5 July 2013

Toes!

I love self-grooming! I always will, it's the whole prepping yourself for the day and feeling the achievement you get when you look in the mirror and feel that confidence because well 'damnit! You just look mighty fine to face the world today!' Whether it is moisturising the whole body to feel that smooth skin, with the finalising perfect make-up touch or the whole body pampering effect. Which is body scrubbing, shaving, moisturising, that great outfit then the all out make-up where you try your hardest to look like you have not over done it! 
The one thing that I do hate? Nails!! No matter what attempt I make, I can never seem to get them right. The easy answer is to get them done professionally, but due to the recession I have no money to get them done. My finger nails are history, due to love of painting and writing. Also due to the constant hand washing and long hours of my work. Those nails are easy, maintaing them is harder. I need to constantly apply nail strengthening to them to keep the strength otherwise I end up with split nails. Now I know the flaw of my finger nails, but I never do anything to improve it. Applying one coat of nail strength polish once a week, is not enough! Yet again that is what I do! 
Now what really is hard is the toe nails!! In the winter it is fine, you can hide them as much as you can in boots and trainers, or whatever your preference in shoe wear during the winter is. What's difficult is the summer!! Those months where your feet are free to embrace the fresh air in flip flops or beautiful sandals!! 
So what is there to moan about? The maintaining of them, you spend four-six months hiding them. Only to have them released into the wild with the crazy nails that have developed during hibernation! Perhaps I haven't read much about toe nails treatment do it yourself, but I think I will make it a mission, because I can't go on with hiding them and having to deal with the ugliness of them!
Send in your advice on nail treatment, and I will try and review them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment