Saturday 3 August 2013

Those pampering essentials.

Happy Weekend people!
Lately with the thanks to YouTube and other girlie blogs on here, I have been showing a keen interest in the beauty products. I have been watching a lot of make-up tutorials and on YouTube recently a pampering night in. I have been taking note on the beauty products on what have been used and have been considering on trying them out.
Ah, there is a hitch though! I am absolutely pants on looking for and even contemplating on buying beauty products. If I'm honest, I am kind of like a man!? But I am determine to get try new things and determine to get the one that will suit my body needs. It all about trial and error for the first few attempts to someone who is new about getting products that is stepping out of the advertising area!
So, the first attempt is, a face mask! The face mask I went and purchased was from Lush. I never normally buy things from Lush but always receive products from there as gifts! I always love the products I receive from the place, the natural way it comes across has always had me interested, and that is why I went there today.
The first rule to a new beauty product buyer is to communicate! Communicate from previous buyers on their opinions, and to communicate with the staff within the shop to help find the product you are looking for. I found that by being approached by a Sales Assistant within the shop was not only excellent to help me find the type of product I am looking for, or something new to try due to my skin, but to have a friendly face to just chat to. I work with children, any grown up talk from any stranger is good enough for me.
My skin ranges from really disgusting greasy skin to sensitive, so the Shop Assistant recommended this face mask for me to try out as a beginner.
It was really easy to use, like all face mask.. Just apply to clean dry skin, let it dry for about 2-5 minutes and wash off with warm water! Fantastic right? Now, what I loved about this product is the seaweed you scoop up and just slather onto your skin! Ok, a little joke on my part, but seriously. I really liked the tingly sensation you get as soon as you apply it on, it like you can feel it already starting to work! The sensation doesn't finish until you have washed it off.
Once you have washed it off, the skin felt really smooth and soft and well, to put it in the words of my sister.. "My face feel likes a babies bottom!"
It also makes my skin feel really hydrated and not at all dry out. So I do recommend this product to any natural face mask first time buyers out there!
My mission for this face mask, is how it feels in the morning (it is, 11'0'clock pm here), as normally after a nights sleep, I wake up to really disgusting greasy skin. So, I am hoping the grease will have ceased a little bit and my skin stills feels refreshed!

Other buys from The Body Shop!
The bloody damn Shop Assistant had my get those loyalty cards! Which I don't regret, because from the sounds of it. I save pretty much a lot. I have heard some good things about the shop, so I cannot wait to give these products a good go.
What I got was:-
From left-right.
Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator
Seaweed Mattifying moisture lotion
Blusher- pink
Vitamin C Energising face Spritz- This came free with the loyalty card I got, and I tried it out as soon I got home. It smelled like oranges! But I felt really refreshed and you could see your skin liven up a bit!

I'll let you know, via here and on YouTube on how well the others went!
Toodles!

P.S. Currently reading Murakami- Sputnik Sweetheart, and it is really good so expect a book review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment