Friday 16 August 2013

Inspirations, obsessed readings and distractions

Hello world,
This has proven to be one of those hardest thing to write about lately because, I just want to get everything out from my head and my head is currently supporting a rather disorganised mess at the moment. It is also not helping that I am getting myself very distracted through Twitter and through good ol' Elliot texting me about his bus troubles. YOU WILL GET HOME ELLIOT, ONE DAY!
Right, so Twitter is off. Facebook is off. Radio one is switched on (due to the fact, is helps me concentrate. Except for you Nick Grimshaw, you play too early).

So this is what I want to write about...
I have been using my breaks at work being obsessed with reading this magazine.

I am your usual Elle magazine purchaser, I find that their magazine is more insightful and more fashionable than most magazine. I also find that I am extremely addicted to the layout of the magazine and their modern way. But what also get me really into the magazine is the guest writers they invite in to write an article.
This month has possibly been one of the most inspirational magazine read, I have had in such a long time. There have been a few articles in there that has just made me think. Yeah, everything is al-right. I'm doing OK. 

The first article that helped me, was known as "What Successful Women were doing at 25"
I turn 25 in less than a year away and I have just decided to go for a carer change, hence this new hobby of Blogging. Which most people would criticise because, well everyone a blogger in their own way nowadays. I am just another being in this world that wants to follow my dream and to have my voice heard as well. Damnit Humans, I will be happy!
By been given the opportunity to read about these successful women, ranging from Jackie Collins, Clare Foges and Mary Katrantzou. 
(Just helped Elliot finding Train times, so he can get home, due to lack of buses. Sort it out Somerset).
Each women from different carer paths, each one seem to be settled in their own dream job. What is great about them, is that at 25 they was just starting their carer path. They had help from university (which will be my one downfall for the time being.) But it was just the bottom of the ladder for them, like it is for me. So I am happy to know, I was not the only one and that I am OK. 

Another thing from the magazine was when the Chief Editor met up with the writer Caitlin Moran and about her path to success. There was some quotes in there that will always help me work harder from now on. 
"The harder you work, the greater it gets"
"Stop trying to be cool and be individual instead"
OK, so some of you will know, I will never be the fashion type and if I'm honest there are too many fashion blogs out there, that are interesting and other that are extremely boring. I love fashion, but I am not a fashion blogger. I am writer searching for her voice to be heard through the jumble of cars and horns blasting. I am creative with too much of an imagination, to even know when to start expressing my ideas.
 But the one thing I have understood though this Elle magazine is that throughout the a/w 2013, it all about rebellion baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment