Thursday 3 April 2014

Just a girl standing in front of a boy

 Hello readers of the world!
I have another book up date review thing for you to enjoy and read!
Oh, please enjoy!
I hope all is well by the well.

This book? I brought it around Valentines and only read it a month late. I remember looking at this book in Asda. I think it was part of their sale they do every so often on chart books, you know the 2 for £7? If it wasn't apart of the sale, it was only £3.50, which is a steal in my eyes. It was a book to meet the needs of someone who wanted an easy read about 'falling love' and living that fairytale ever after.

What I didn't expect, was to fall head over heels with the book. Yes, I completely enjoyed reading this book and read it within a week.
It was one of those, 'can't put down' reads. I literally spent an entire Saturday reading the book in my bed. It was fine, I didn't have any plans. The book was literally what the front page said, hilarious, romantic and honest.
The main character.... it was written in 1st person, so I can't remember her name. She suffered from depression due to previous life traumas and finds it difficult to fall in love. Always went for the safe option, rather than a more excitable feeling of pure romance.
That was until she met Joe King, (yeah, I laughed at the name as well and so did the character). She falls head over heels with the dude. JENNY TAYLOR! Her name was Jenny Taylor, genitalia.. That was the joke in the book.

She actually leaves her fiancé for him and start a blissful relationship. Throw in a crazy best friend, some crazy adventures and a good bond development with the mother and it really did create a fantastic book.
This book had me in giggles, tears and generally smiling when I finished it. It also made me think about my own mother and how much I love her!
So mother dearest if you are reading this, I love you Kay?


The trouble with me, is that I try so hard to avoid chick flick novels because I think they are stupid and really not worth reading. What I fail to realise that sometimes during my reading craze, I just need an easy read or something light-hearted and that was what 'Just A Girl Standing In Front Of A Boy' gave me.
So give it a whirl and if have read this books, let me know what you thought about it also.
Also, I am apart of GoodReads, so find me and we can converse!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment