Tuesday 29 April 2014

Talking....

Hello readers of the world!
It been awhile. A week I think. Oh dear.
OK, readers I have some music playing. I am sitting on my bed with my back as comfortably straight, to write this post. The back straightening attempts is going quite well when I remember to actually straighten my back and when I do, I feel this surge of confidence. So I think it is actually working. I have also notice my face looks less flabby when I am standing 'proper'.

The past couple of weeks have been involving in a lot of indulging. I have been digging out old films, mainly Peter Pan. I say that because I was watching it last night and felt nostalgic towards my youth. I have also been having Leonardo Dicaprio feelings. Whilst talking to Christina about this to some extent, as she is the 'go-to' person. I recently had a dream about Leo, where we became romantically involved and he would write me love letters, wrap them around a cup of tea. A different type of tea for each love letter. So while I would read these love letters, I was indulging in some yummy tea. Sweet eh? Also in that same dream, we had to dress Zayn Malik up in a dress and glitter because it was his birthday and Sherlock Holmes said we all couldn't leave the 'fancy' section of Debenhams because the boy being violently sick is actually a clue to his homicidal case. My dreams can never be... well base around reality. So it has been a lot of talking about Leonardo Dicaprio and watching The Great Gatsby, which since the previous year is now the only film I own with him in it. I used to have Romeo and Juliet, until I sold it because I couldn't get around the modern time cars and guns, whilst talking in Shakespearean language. I still can't. If your going to create a film in old language, the men have to wear tights!
I have also been doing some catching up reading on Elle magazine, before I have to buy the next issue. For some reason it always takes me the whole month to properly read the magazine! There is this article that I wanted to share with you readers. This is becoming a habit of mine lately? Finding an interesting article to share with you. This article is about 'your song' and no, I am not talking about the Elton John song. But a song that you would call yours. Generally because you listen to it a lot, it is your all time favourite song or it is because you relate to the song at some point in your life or it is generally your life in one song. The article has most of the staff of Elle magazine/ writers telling us what would their song be and why. This inspired me to ask EVERYONE, and I think I almost asked everyone. I just asked my brother.
Now, a lot of people struggled to answer this question, mainly because it's not really a question you would normally be asked. The answers I got though, was insightful. Except for Christina, I knew she would pick a Beatles song. I had answers ranging from Oki-koki, to the carousel song from the Oklahoma musical (I apologise if I am wrong here) , a spoon full of sugar to Help! I'm a fish, Walking in Memphis to Roar by Katy Perry.
So, what would your song be? It's your song, it can be anything you want and have any meanings to you.
My song is Mad World. I love that song, its a song that makes me sit and listen. It also has the verse "Hello, teacher tell me what's my lesson, looked right through, she looked right through me" also the "the fact that every child should, sit and listen." It's a song that I felt summed my childhood up. I look back and feel so restricted, not from the society but from my own doing. I had done what was expected from other people. It's only now that I realise, we really shouldn't give a damn.

I have also notice, that I do talk about the strangest and the most irrelevant of things. With the exception of that question. I have realised that, I will say something and then only realise that bit of information is completely irrelevant and most certainly didn't need to be shared. Example: A colleague was sharing the fact that she has a headache and would like some painkillers. I came out with, I did have some, but I put them into my other handbag.
Other than the fact, I am completely in love with my handbag my sister got me for my birthday. It was something that didn't need to be pointed out! I had a few other occurrences, where I realised that I didn't need to say what I was saying, but I did in a more professional approach. I just need to teach myself, to think before I speak more clearly..

That is pretty much sums up my post. It is completely irrelevant, except for the song part!
Bye!
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment