Saturday 19 April 2014

Back Straight power!

Hello World.

I've been walking around lately, with the world upon my shoulders. Metaphorically speaking. My shoulders are slumping forwards, my back creating a hunch so my head and my eyes can stay downcast away from the world, the reality around me. We all know I like to escape from the reality, but recently I have been craving nothing more than being in reality with a hint of my own little world. My world hasn't even been making sense recently.
Right, I don't even know what to write here. I always want to write in a more elaborate ways and something that is far too eccentric that can't even be comprehensible. Truth is, I am becoming a bit of a slouch! My shoulders are slumping forwards, my back isn't even straight any more. Everyone who was or is close to me, know that when I do this, I am experiencing some major low self-esteem moments or having an argument with my confidence, to for once SPEAK UP.
I have been doing it a lot lately. I can feel myself doing it and I try to stop myself from doing it. Sometimes, more often than not I just feel too tired to correct my posture. I feel even more ugly than before having this hump look, because I can't put my shoulders straight.

I don't want to feel ugly with a hump on my back. I want to retrain myself to sit up straight to hold that head up high.
When I remember to do so, I feel the confidence seeping in. I have a voice, I remember who I am. Sometimes, slumping forwards is like giving up, is like forgetting who you are and who you dream to be.
I suppose what I am trying to advice myself and to advice any readers out here on this Bank Holiday Monday is to never let reality crash down on you, to crash on your shoulders with it's weight full on. To not let it weigh you down. To get back up, head held high, shoulders back and back comfortably straight. What you want to be, who you long to be. Will be.

Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment