Tuesday 4 March 2014

Today is.... A day to STOP reading Fanfiction!

Ok, Brits! Let's get excited about this one!
Hello readers of the world!

  Today is Pancake day, or Shrove Tuesday.
Just been on Wikipedia to see what the internet has to say about Shrove Tuesday and I came across this paragraph, which I think has helped me to come to a final decision on what I am going to give up for Lent. What I am considering on giving up might actually be a very hard and poisonous thought to even comprehend. Before I go into what it is, allow me to show you the paragraph from Wikipedia;
The expression "Shrove Tuesday" comes from the word shrive, meaning "confess".[1] Shrove Tuesday is observed by many Christians, including Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists and Roman Catholics,[2] who "make a special point of self-examination, of considering what wrongs they need to repent, and what amendments of life or areas of spiritual growth they especially need to ask God's help in dealing with."[3] Being the last day before the penitential season of Lent, related popular practices, such as indulging in food that one sacrifices for the upcoming forty days, are associated with Shrove Tuesday celebrations, before commencing the fasting and religious obligations associated with Lent
**I know many can change Wikipedia information, so I'm not 100% on the accuracy of this information, but when I find the time to channel my inner religious Christianity shenanigans I will develop a better understanding, (please also note; I have no wish to channel my brought up Christianity belief and would like to stick to my constant two fights within my mind of believing in faeries and other mystical creatures as well as my belief in the big bang theory.) **

The sentence I have taken away and will attempt to implement as part of giving up something for lent **Ok, I'm British, it is apart of our culture to celebrate these things.**
"make a special point of self-examination, of considering what wrongs they need to repent, and what amendments of life or areas of spiritual growth."
This is a bit ironic, as of course I have been thinking far to much of my life and things I would need to improve on. I have been thinking of things that is preventing me, procrastinating from doing something productive. That would actually make me more happier and working towards actual life goals.
It's no common secret that I am unhappy with my life ways at the moment, and typing about them is becoming a bit of repetitive and dull thing to do.
 It is also a common knowledge that everyone finds it easier to give up food for Lent, in hope that it will help them take more self-control of their lives or to help them feel better within themselves emotionally and also physically. I mean it is normally something unhealthy when taken into addictive amount. I understand the whole self-control, there are a lot of things in life nowadays where you can feel totally out of control and it is hard to feel back on track again. I have given up bread the last two years for lent and it has helped me a lot to feel like I am in control, as well as feeling a lot more healthier.
This year though, I am taking a slightly different approach in hope that I will become more productive with my ways? Along with giving up chocolate (I have really badly indulged in chocolate within the last six months it should be criminal). I am also going to try and give up reading Fanfiction. Reading Fanfiction has provided me with an alternative escape route from reality. I have sadly become terribly addictive towards reading some disturbing and will lets face it indecent contents from some very serious strange teenage girls and boys.
I know they feel the need to write these things, to fit in, to share their love of the fandom they are apart of. For me though, I am feeling the effects of the poor grammar and the lack of imagination. I was once upon a time a very imaginative person, but lately a lot has been effected by Fanfiction. So, now is enough. Books, art, enchanting, heck even a walk through trees to rebuild this head of mine, to help me write something more better than actually whining about how unhappy my life if spiralling.

I'm basically going to concentrate upon those 5 things. (Which I should write down) in my previous post.

I am also on my holiday this week, so a good time to give this up for lent and to work on being productive with my life and to deal with it. Although the beginning of my week didn't go down to well and currently questioning life with music.
I hope you will have a new blog post everyday this week.

Happy Pancake Day my readers, eat loads, enjoy loads!
Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment