Tuesday 11 March 2014

I give you, self discipline!

Hello readers of the world!
Why a happy Tuesday to you!!
I have a problem.

My problem involves my brother, Tim.
Tim, I do have a very big bone to pick with you!
Do you remember in my previous post, about my procrastinating on The Sims 3 game? Well, since then, all I have pretty much been doing is playing The Sims 3.
I am currently obsessed! I mean, I am literally right now thinking about playing Sims 3 whilst writing this blog. Maybe because I am writing about Sims 3 that is making me want to play Sims 3.
This is where relearning the art of self discipline comes in for me. I am using the art of self discipline, (imagine a Yoda voice when I say that) to not play Sims 3 tonight, but to write this blog and then give myself a mini pampering session, to freshen my face skin up and my nails. I will also then use the time to read my book, so I have a video for it in some weeks to come.

I am currently reading  Dreams and Shadows by C.Robert Cargill. I have gone past the 50 page mark, thanks to Sims. So far, I am giving this story a good review, I am really getting addicted. But not addicted enough for it to over take The Sims 3!
Watch my video about the goodreads app on the phone, and my self challenge I have set. Which I will complete.


Another thing for me to relearn in the, (Yoda voice) Art of self discipline. Is what I eat again. Before I moved to Bristol, I was on a really good and what I consider a healthy diet. Lately it has been all about chocolate, pizza and crisps.... Not good. I will be heading back on to that again.
For those of you that do remember, yes I have failed beautifully on my lent of giving chocolate and fanfiction. Bitch, I'm not even sorry!

I remember talking to a friend of mine, who once said that they think self-discipline is overrated. I personally can see where it is he is coming from. I also felt that the movie and book of Eat Pray Love is fine example of learning a more balanced self discipline. That is something that I would like to aspire within, to be able to have a minor control and to find that inner happiness, (goodness, I am all about Yoda tonight).

I am also starting to think that maybe Sims 3 should join my many other obsession under my bed, where I  can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment