Monday 27 January 2014

If On A Winters Night A Traveller.... BOOK REVIEW!

Hello world, how are we all feeling today?
Yes, a very happy Monday to you too!
I've been actually looking forward to this day, because of yesterday blog. So I have been feeling determined and really concentrating upon my stuff, not others stuff, my stuff. So, now I feel like my Monday has taken a selfish turn! But I remember a great old manager of mine saying, "you have to be selfish sometimes, to feel happiness."
I have started off simple today, eaten more fruit and vegetables today, along with good run after work.
Theres this really long road, it start of at one roundabout and ends at another roundabout. I have set myself a goal to be able to run the whole road without stopping or slowing down to a walk.  Lets just stick with without stopping. I will not let that road beat me!
Even when my yoghurt leaking all over my bag, didn't bring down my spirits.

Another thing I have been feeling very determine about was to finish this book I have been reading since New Years. I have been trying to use my determination to get this book finished by well last week and finally last night I have finished it!
As you can tell it couldn't have been the best book around. But it had some good reviews.
If On A Winters Night A Traveller- Italio Calvino. A creative and inventive story about a reader, who starts reading 'If On A Winters Night A Traveller' and that it no longer goes on. He sets out to find the rest of the story, but each copy he picks up is a completely different story from the one he started with. The journey as you a reader, follows through on the search for finding the story you originally wanted to read.

It sounds amazing, when you sell it like that. Most of the reviews has included; "Creative", "imaginative", "inventive." Which, yes I will agree, was exactly that. I have never read a book in that narrative before and at the beginning I immediately felt myself being sucked in. Have you ever found a book, where you start reading the first couple-ten pages and you can feel yourself fading, drifting into the book  itself. Feel that each other word is becoming alive and you are seeing, rather than reading. Have you ever felt that? That is exactly what I felt for the first few pages. Just as the story was slowly unravelling, I felt myself lose interest and then it suddenly became a burden to read, something I hate feeling, but too stubborn to call it quits.
It is, unfortunately one of those books that has a great beginning and a great ending, but the middle part is just a drag and you force yourself to find the ending within the on going chapters.
I still would recommend this book for anyone who wants a book to read that is completely different from any narrative you have read before.
So give it ago.

What do you think?
I'm going to work more book reviews, reading is a huge passion of mine and I would love to keep sharing them with you!

Ciao for now homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment