Saturday 8 June 2013

Finding those words...

I have been thinking alot about words recently.
It is amazing at how easily words can be mislead or used in the wrong context.
My colleagues and I have recently been having a conversation about the words interpretation or interpreted, how to use them in the sentence correctly and when are they being used in the right context.
Conversation like these stimulates me and encourages me more, in learning grammar and using words properly within a sentence. Basically, I just need to go back to school!

But finding those words has also got me thinking, what words could I use to describe me?
Like any young person, I am still trying to "find myself" and trying to "find that purpose in life."
Or in religious point of view, "Trying to find that reason, you was sent here for."
About two years ago I would have used the word: Extraordinary.
Extraordinary . adj. very unusual or remarkable.
The reason why I called myself extraordinary was because, people who was in the process of getting to know me actually found me weird. I was just at the point of coming out of my reserved/shy spell and becoming more talkative. Which is always based around Harry Potter, I can't help it!?
Weird. adj. strange in a frightening way.
So, I pretty much terrify people with my talk of Harry Potter in a loving fashion....

I have also found a new word. I found it the perfect way to describe me and consider it a new flaw of mine. Along with being terribly nice.
Naive. adj. Lacking experience, wisdom or judgement.
It's a flaw I have been wearing on my sleeve recently. But just like in Bastille song: "Flaws" 
"We need them to be who we are, without them we'll be doomed."

So, I am going to control not showing this flaw, whilst trying to "Sort my life out."
As so many people put it that way. 

Comment and tell me what words would you use to describe yourself? I am curious!


P.S. I might have found my "topic." I am currently researching Icons and arts. Also going through an experiment of combinations. Which involves a lot drawing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment