Monday 12 May 2014

Tea Party and Rio.

Hello Readers of the world!

This weekend I went back home to visit some friends and family. I have been looking forward to this weekend since the beginning of May, when Danielle and I arranged it.
When arranging something to do for a catch up, it can be a challenge! We couldn't decide on what we would like to do together, it was ranging from having a meal out together, to attending a sewing class together. It was when we decided that we wanted to be cheap and at least save some pennies that we decided to have a little Tea Party. Danielle very kindly played host to our tea party and I supplied the Mad Hatters Tea Hat.
Upon arriving at Danielle's and her husband home, which is situated in a cosy village. The living room filled with Marilyn Monroe pictures and lots of funky, mystical ornaments. It was a place to feel right at home with Danielle and her husband, who are both extremely kind and welcoming guest! Danielle set up her table with a gorgeous cake stand, that was filled with healthy snacks of strawberries and some yummy cakes, which I thoroughly enjoyed! You may remember reading about Danielle in my post on the Clothes Show in December. We haven't actually spent sometime together like that since then. So having some time together like we did on Saturday was just amazing!
We talked about everything and anything. Ranging from Blogs we love to read to clothes sites that are worth shopping on. Discussing about dreams and aspiration and how our working life is getting on. Danielle and I used to work together, so with respecting the confidentiality of our workforce we are able to give brief encounters on how we are getting on at our jobs. Also discussing which countries are positively working towards preventing animal cruelty. I felt we didn't discuss that at length when we did, as it is a very interesting and serious topic. It has also sparked up some interest in me and I would like to do my own research into this.
To me, Danielle is my realistic friend. She gives advice and input to ideas that I may have. She also provides that little push from her own researching and helps making me see my dreams and goals more realistically. She also has this realistic control on her own life and will do just about anything to reach what she is working towards. Danielle is an inspiration and I really do admire her. Just like all my old friends from that work place, if it wasn't from them I wouldn't of had the confidence to make the biggest move of my life. To them I will always be very grateful!
She has also given me ideas in supporting my Style Blog, mainly based around reviews of clothing and beauty. Which I will start doing immediately and do some more insight of beauty/clothing range that is out there! She has just given me fresh ideas and motivation to work towards this.

Upon leaving this amazing and fun Tea Party, which felt like walking into Wonderland and coming back to the world, to start working towards the goals that was created then and there. I then was whisked off to Bridgewater to spend sometime with another good friend of mine Elliot. Meeting Elliot through a friend from school on her birthday night out. A confider to each other on our love lives, we have spoken constantly since. Elliot had tickets to watch an unedited documentary on Rio. Which should be aired at some point on the BBC next week or so. I don't know.
Directed by Jullian Tempo, who was asked by the government of Rio to create this documentary of their city, ready for the World Cup and the Olympics. Jullian Tempo, who seemed very passionate of music created this very interesting documentary of four stories of Rio:
1, the north and richer part of Rio.
2, the southern and poorer side of Rio
3, the government
4, the music.
Watching this documentary, you was first met with this beautiful scene after scene, of how a tourist would view Rio. It even made me want to visit Rio and admire all the tourist spots. It then turned to visiting the 'slums' and how they lived, building on to the revolutionary of the 'slums' and the constant killings and trafficking. The government action to stopping this and their involvement in the 'slums', to "build the city into a better place," ready for the world cup. Then the soul and spirits being brought to you through Rio/Brazil music. This was a seriously an interesting show to watch and if you get to see it on the BBC, I recommend it!
At the end of watching this, we all had an Q&A with the director Jullian Tempo before he had to go back to London and complete his project.

Sunday was a family day.
 I knew I needed to move away and on Sunday, I was met with something that I have always wanted to feel and what I needed to feel. Pure love.
Although, I still want to move around a lot more and live my life to HOW I want to live my life, I will always know I have an awesome family and friends to fall back too. It's them that makes me happy, so while I am still soul searching about myself I still have this great family and friends back at home, who's own happiness will always be an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment