Friday 27 June 2014

Lessons

Hello world!
It's been few weeks and with good reasons. I have done an impulsive decisions and decided to move out of Bristol and back home for a bit.
It all started of a dark place, that I called my bedroom. I was confined to one place due to rude and unappealing house mates. A Saturday spent with Christina, whom you all know about. We talked of our dreams, books, future plans. Spending our time chatting in bars and drinking cocktails, Christina helped me realise that what I was doing at this current moment was not the happiness I was searching for. I wasn't where I wished to be. Moving to Bristol on a pure immature act and I will never regret the decision. Moving to Bristol has taught me to love my friends and family. Although I did love them beforehand, it has taught me the value of loving someone and the importance it is.
It has also taught me how I have many flaws within myself that I need to work upon. I am a searcher for happiness, just like Dalai Lama and his achievements in inner happiness. (I need read some of his books.)
One of my greatest flaws is the impatience I have towards life. I am patient with my job, it is one of my greatest skills to be patient and with that patience the children are learning and creating their own skills. In my own mind though, I can't get over things that are not happening fast enough. Then when I planned to move to Bristol, I realised that with some work and research I can go straight away. The impatience I had felt on my stand still life, had myself whisked of to Bristol without another thought on my actions or my finances. Then I've learned that everything I have purely desired became further out of my reach because I could either not afford it, or it was just to far away from me.
Living in Bristol I was met with the purest of loneliness. I had no money to go out. I was unable to create friends as I struggled to go out and make it happen. When I went out, I felt this lack of confidence to actually do something. I have made a couple of friends and many acquaintences through work colleagues, but that was all it was. A five day week of chatting and working. My weekend because solitude, I tried to go out but I had no one to talk to. My house mates preferred to talk in their native language, which only helped this anxiety to grow of wondering, 'are they talking about me?'

Metaphorically speaking; my parents gave me a present when I was at my lowest. In order to cheer me up, they brought me a Bonsai tree. I nurtured that Bonsai Tree to my best ability, which is a big deal for someone who knows nothing about growing plants. With the Bonsai Tree, I researched everything, the type of tree it could be, what it needs to grow, everything. When I moved to Bristol, the Tree stayed behind with my parents. The Tree, well the tree started dying it became deceased.
The weekend I moved back home, I looked at the Tree and saw a new green branch growing. The Tree is still alive and is completely growing.
As I cut off the dead branches, to give the new ones a chance to grow. I thought of the tree as a symbol of my happiness, during my time in Bristol my  happiness started fading, my control let loose and my impatience only grew. Coming back and seeing new life forming in a dead Tree could only mean one thing. A new start, a new start from lessons learnt and hope. So it's time to start working hard and learn to be patient. Dreams and goals take time to achieve and they are achievable with more work and attention given.

No comments:

Post a Comment