Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Holidays!

Merry Christmas homies!

I hoped you all have had a great few days with family, friends and many fantastic loved ones.

I have had a great day. Because I have a family that pretty much works in care, someone is always working!
That day it was my dad and brother. So when they all came home at 7pm that night and we all had food and opened our gift for each other, we had the best time ever!

I grew up with this.
For as long as I can remember, someone in my family had to work on Christmas day. Someone was always missing or had to go away for a few hours.

This is something that has taught me to how be kind to other people. How much more there is to Christmas than just having to spend time with the family, friends and loved ones.
An ideal Christmas is to spend that one day with those people. But its the emotion that people feel. The kindness, the achievement when doing something kind or something goodwill.

I have always disliked Christmas, my mother has always felt guilty with the fact that someone would always be working on Christmas and tried to make up with that by giving presents. I have always hated that, my brother and I have always hated that.
But it seemed this year I have taken a different turn.
I have learned throughout my whole life, to give kindness to other people by my parents and to expect nothing in return. But only recently the most recent thing I have been learning, empathise on the LEARNING is to also be selfish and do things for me.
I moved out the home town, to Bristol. I have started a new job and I have started writing this Blog about my lifestyle.
I have also develop in confidence to voice the fact that I would rather read books, than to watch mindless TV. I prefer things like sci-fi and fantasy, Ahem- HARRY POTTER. But I still love things all things pretty like fashion, music and beauty products.
I have admitted defeat to the boy band obsession and girl band obsession and is in love with One Direction and Little Mix.
I feel like I have strayed away from the point of this Blog, I am trying to write.

Ok, the point I am making. Having my family working on Christmas has always made me realise the true meaning of Goodwill.
Giving selfless time away.
Being helpful.
Making someone, a child, a person smile.
Thats how I want to see for Christmas.

Someone gave me a smile this Christmas, and gave me something to less stress about and it was all through goodwill.
That is what I want to do every year. Give something
That is what Christmas is about for me, and it might help me get excited for it every year now on.
I have always been a kind person.
But once someone said to be, to be someone healthy physically and mentally I have moderate myself.
So kindness and selfish within moderation.
This time, I will be kind for someone without expecting anything in return. But always remember what it is important to me.
I hope I've made sense here.
I feel like I haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment