Wednesday 17 April 2013

Southampton.

So, I had this awesome weekend out of  town and hanging out in the city of Southampton! I stayed with my friend Jessie, who moved down there to live with her "Boe" John. The good mate Christina joined me on this fantastic little adventure!
The drive down was really fun. It was the actual main reason why I wanted to go, (Well to see my good friend Jess of course!), but I really just wanted to like..... DRIVE. I've been wanting to go for a long drive and watch my town sink slowly into the distance, for such a long time. That when I was driving back from Southampton two days later, I just wanted to cry! And that probaly will explain my dreadful mood this week.
So far...

Now Southampton is actually an awesome city that looks like it was constructed by university students... No joke, it has that low key grungy, saving money I am student look to it. That you would normally find in shared houses of university students. Or there could be a posh part of Southampton, and I just waved it by....
The drive took me and Christina about two hours, where we did our reflective talk of our lives and how much we are "Pro-life!" (Would just like to clarify that this has nothing to do or is in anyway related to the pro-life, anti abortion blah blah... As we had to clarify that in the car on the way.). And once we have reached Southampton, that was the end of our chat, of randomness, interruption, 30 year old virgins and being "Pro-life".
The first night we got there, Jess and John took us to a bar. Which is about a half an hour walk from their house and pretty much just walking in a straight line! It's quite easy to live where Jess lives, you turn from her street and you just walk straight on... You'll get to the city center in no time! :). The bar she took us too was called "The Hobbit". Yes, like J.R.Tolkein, there was pictures, ornaments and even graffiti of the characters from J.R.Tolkein all over the bar. As well as some awesome band posters such as, paramore, System of a down and many more. The bar is made of three floors, (well technically two, but I count the court yard they have as well!). Top floor is the bar, second floor is the live music and the third floor is outside and where you can smoke your heart is content and filled with graffiti of Orcs and what not. Check out my first picture at the top!

This is where, I am going to tell you to listen to the bands I heard live on that Friday night! A couple of them was awesome, well they all was awesome... I just remember these two bands by name and going to "sell" them to you now. P.S. I am a rubbish seller! Haha.
The first band I remember are called "StreetFight Silence" now these little badgers are not a boy band, but are filled with men. A MEN BAND!? Dammit, that what I am going to call all rock/metal bands that, if they have only men in them, from now on... Bugger. Their music consist of drumming, guitaring and singing. I am so helpful at times. I honestly just find their music catchy and worth dancing around in the living room, in only your underwear as you are getting ready to go somewhere really fun! That is how I would describe them.
I mean, just click on link below and check them out.
StreetFight Silence
The other band was called "The Hixons" the lead singer kinda reminded me of Grindelwald from Harry Potter movies. But their music was still alchohol/Frodo cocktails intoxicated good. Heres a link to check out their song "Backs to the sun" which they played at The Hobbit.... It was great!
The Hixons

Saturday, was a day filled with miserable grey clouds and rain. So much rain, I like rain... But on Saturday there was just too much! I actually wanted to scream at Mother Nature to stop being a nuisance and give us Humans a break and let us have some fun shopping in the university built city of Southampton! I didn't want to anger her, so I kept my peace... Oh by the way Mother N... Thanks for being so f'ing sunny on Monday and Tuesday while I was working! But I did really enjoy walking around the city in my PJ's. I like to make that a habit, did it in London when I was seventeen as well.  In the evening, we partied like two teenage kids who never seen alcohol before in their lives!
Christina and I can be like two little children that just seen something for the first time and kinda doesn't know what to do with ourselves. So the best thing we can do is to make a complete fool of ourselves. I mean it, I fell through the smoking area barricade thinking it was made of metal, when actually it wasn't. Luckily the "bouncer" men saw the funny side to it as well. There was extreme hair moshing (on my be-half) to Avril tune "Sk8er boi" and a bit of cheesy pop.
And yes, me and Christina got really excited to hear "I knew you were trouble" by Taylor Swift, because Taunton night places refuses to play it.. Something to do with Dupstep is more popular than crappy pop songs. CRAPPY POP SONGS ARE THE BEST WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK! Why do you think I now have One Direction and Justin Beiber on my Ipod?!
That ladies and Gentleman was my weekend!
This week, so far have been filled with overthinking not enough sleeping and deep negative thoughts about where am I going and what am I doing with my life.
I hate those weeks.
On an interesting note, I have dyed my hair.







Next weekend is HITTHEDECK Festival at Bristol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment