Monday 2 June 2014

Music.

Hello world.
I haven't written in a couple of weeks and that is generally because my head has been resembling mush.
How have you been? Readers of the world, how has it been?

Music. A couple of weeks ago, I was consumed with music. Music has always been apart of my life. From dancing in my parents living room, to singing rather poorly in my car. It is everywhere. They set the scenes to films, they are great back ground noise for parties or even when you are doing the house work.
Throughout the generations music has always altered to suit to the needs of society. Now we have so many different genres in music to choose from. If your anything like me, who has this eclectic taste in music. The list of favourite songs are endless. They define the mood of the setting, the feelings we have. They give us hope of the future, provide us with dreams we crave and they provide us with nostalgia of the people and times we miss.

It was after a long day at work and I was unwinding with a book and listening to some music. Flyleaf to be exact, if you readers would like to know. The words of the page wouldn't sink in as my mind was still replaying my actions of the day, so I resorted to just putting the book down and settle with listening to the songs that played. I was sent away. The music kind of lifted my conscious away, floating on the clouds of melodies. Eventually the lyrics are drifting away and all that is left is the tune, it plays until you are in a calm slow breathing state.. Your still listening, but it doesn't need to make sense, your too relaxed and down under to comprehend what is happening.
I haven't come back, so calm and clear like that in such a long time. A meditated feeling was released and I was relaxed for the rest of evening. If only I could do that in the morning. Music is powerful and can help you think/see/feel more clearly than before. Music can relax the soul before facing the world. Music can sooth the muscle that craves the stretch.
Music should be appreciated in different shape and form. Like the many genres.

Here's a top 10 music, that have defined me, changed me, made me believe. Helped me. (This list will always change, just as music always change)
1: O'Children- Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds.
2:Sail- Awolnation
3:All Around Me- Flyleaf
4: Future- Paramore
5:Misguided Ghost- Paramore
6:One Woman Army- Porcelain Black
7: Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence
8:Waiting for the 7:18- Bloc Party
9: Mad World
10: Still- Daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment